It is difficult to imagine any, even the smallest business without mentioning on the Internet. Even if you do not have a website and pages in a social network, information about your company may be present in search engines (on sites with reviews), on forums, in geolocation services. If there is no information about you, this does not mean that it does not exist about your competitors. And if you do not act – do not post positive feedback and not handle the negative – you can lose a lot without even realizing what happened.
The value of comments is difficult to overestimate. According to the statistics of the search system “Yandex” (June 2017), more than 56 million people search for reports on something on the Internet every month.
At the same time, 70% of users read online reviews before they make a purchase (Nielsen study, 2014). At the same time, many small companies, entering the market, postpone the work with reviews for later or vice versa take it too zealously.
We collected the TOP 10 examples of how improper work with reviews can easily and easily disrupt your business.
- No reviews available. You silently brought your product / service to the market and wait for the flow of customers. The good news is that there is no negative about you on the Internet. The bad news is there’s nothing about you at all. Of course, no one knows your product yet, and people will be wary of him. At the same time, your competitors do not slumber, actively place press releases, give bonuses to customers for reviews, write reviews about themselves and work with the negative. In general, create an information field around their products and services, including those similar to your assortment.
- Lack of monitoring . You are not engaged in increasing the number of positive reviews on the network and do not watch what users say about you. You are busy with the release / sale of your products, working with the site, setting up supplies, etc. When it comes to monitoring, you may find that one of your dissatisfied customers replicated their negative experience on several sites. And negative discussions – that’s all there is about you on the web.
- Ignoring the incentive work with clients. Are you waiting for the satisfied customers to write to you the laudatory odes? But how often do you write good reviews yourself? Practice shows that more often voluntarily in the network is written by dissatisfied people. A good service, quality goods and service are perceived as a norm, which is not necessary to talk about.
- Reviews without reference to problems and goods. Of course, if all the reviews on the web are written by real grateful customers, it’s great. But it happens very rarely. As a rule, especially at the initial stage, SMB-companies are advised to contact the automated service for placing reviews on the network. However, it is often possible to meet reviews written unprofessionally. They praise the store, while ignoring the problems of specific products or services, the objections of users. Most likely, before you order reviews, you did not fill in a detailed briefing with your problematic sides (or you just were not given such an opportunity, it’s better to refuse such a service), which you need to work out in the comments.
- Justification. Have you made a mistake, do not want to admit it, look for the guilty one or refer to circumstances? Such excuses only lower you in the eyes of the client. Correct the error, show the result. Do not be afraid to apologize and thank the audience for their care and not indifference. Place on the visited sites reviews with information that, yes, there were delivery problems, but they are solved and now everything works like a clock.
- Removing or editing reviews which for some reason you do not like, can ignite the flame of the fury of its authors. They will not be lazy to point out this and duplicate the response on three or five other sites where you can not edit anything. The presence of negative comments (along with positive and neutral ones) causes more confidence in the brand than only positive ones. Even automated services for posting reviews offer five positive comments to add one neutral, although it would seem possible to fill out all the otzoviki sites solely with laudatory messages.
- Unnatural reviews . Again, about too eulogistic ode. Fanatical-faithful commentators who are in ecstasy from everything that you do, always cause suspicion. More often such comments are sinned by cheap exchanges of comments, whose authors of the notion of “positive” feedback too much and exaggerate a lot. Such work with reputation can destroy it on the root, since the user immediately understands: no one wants to talk voluntarily about you, and you want to deceive him by slipping such a reading matter. The number of clients will again decline.
- Irregular work. Do you think that it is enough to work a couple of times a year on feedback or release a press release, then to fight back from the influx of clients all year round? To be present in the TOP on the request of “company name + feedback” and not to lose sight of the negative, monitoring references and working with feedback on the network should become a mandatory item of daily / weekly (depending on the scope of work).
- Ignoring the Negative. Imagine the situation: the client was repaired in an apartment, which for some reason does not suit him. He finds a page with reviews about the company or a forum of offended consumers and scribbles a devastating response. You did not say anything. A response posted on an authoritative, well-ranked resource, after a while, will see thousands of potential customers. And if it is backed up only by other dissatisfied or simply amateurs, you can take advantage of other people’s mistakes, you can count losses from losing customers.
- Manifestations of aggression. You wrote a negative review, and you tear your hair from anger and knock your head on the monitor, and your fingers on the keyboard. Pull yourself together. On the Internet it is important not to pretend that you are touched for living things, otherwise the trolls will be flooded. Be calm, stop the slightest attempt to provoke you. Keep a polite and respectful tone, even if you wrote about all sorts of nasty things and unreasonable nonsense. If it is a matter of obvious defamation, contact a specialist to remove the information discrediting you.
What can I do to prevent my reputation from being damaged?
Let’s figure out how to avoid misunderstandings and take control of the company’s reputation. If there are no reviews of your company on the network, or you found only a lot of negativity, it is not the best way to get answers to absolutely all outraged comments or fill off-site outlets exclusively with laudatory odes. So you just multiply the amount of negativity in the network. It is more reasonable to create your own positive and neutral comments, which can reduce the percentage of negative and set a positive tone of reputation.
Where can I get positive feedback?
You can wait for customers to write long-awaited feedback, and you can take the first step and start a dialogue with your target audience, preparing reviews manually and independently posting them on the right sites. But it is more convenient to use inexpensive services. For example, “Reputation Management Module” from the service Rookee offers to post reviews about the company on popular sites in the TOP.
Its advantages are that the reviews are placed on selected sites for you with reviews. Five unique reviews are published: 4 positive, 1 neutral. The price for a chain of five reviews is from 1500 rubles, which is quite good on average in the market. In this case, you will have the opportunity, if necessary, to check and correct the review.
Another plus is that, unlike similar resources, before working with the module, you fill a very detailed brief, where you can specify not only strong, but also weak points / pain points that will be worked out in the reviews.
To whom does this fit?
This option is suitable for companies whose reviews on the network are single or there are none in principle. For example, if you have had delivery problems, your feedback will tell potential customers that the delivery is working smoothly and the product is delivered by a sincere courier that you do not have an office far away, but an excellent large parking lot right next to the highway.
If you have just opened and nothing is known about you at all, ordering positive and neutral comments on TOP sites is an easy way to declare yourself.
Surely in the same area your competitor writes everywhere that he is “the most reliable builder”, “the best car service in the south-west” or he has “the most delicious pizza in Shchelkovo.” While you do nothing, its customers are added, the positive is multiplied, and it’s more difficult for you to get into the TOP on competitive search queries.
How to encourage customers to write positive reviews?
The ideal situation is when satisfied customers – from your feed or simply inspired by cooperation with you – created one of the most effective promotional tools without knowing it – “word of mouth”. But how to push the client to write a good review? There are several ways:
- Set up the dispatch of triggered (automatic) letters to customers after purchase with a request to leave a review. In the letter, add a link to the product page where you can immediately write a comment.
- Offer the client a discount, additional bonuses, a gift for feedback. But remember that intrusive requests to leave feedback can irritate customers.
- Arrange a competition for the best response, to the winner of which you will be awarded a valuable prize.
- Use geolocation services, suggest to check in at your institution and leave a small tip in exchange for a discount or gift.
- Make a newsletter about the client base with a request to participate in the survey about your company, the quality of goods / services, service, the adequacy of prices, etc.
- Embed polls and feedback form on your site. Let the client feel the importance of his recall.
- For additional bonuses ask customers to send photos with your goods and add them to the community’s album in the social network or in the corresponding section on your site.
Prepare for the fact that the better you become, the more negative feedback can come to your address. There are always customers who will leave negative comments to assert themselves. This is normal. Therefore, prepare to reflect the negative attacks of dissatisfied customers, trolls and black PR competitors. Create positive information noise around your company, collect positive feedback and develop.