A positive image of the company is one of the pledges of rapid and successful development of the brand. In a highly competitive environment, even the smallest detail can change a lot in one direction or another. To do this, it is worth studying the basics of creating an organization’s image. In this article, we will discuss the most important things that a marketer needs to know about the brand image in modern media.
1. The concept and structure of the image
The image of the company is understood as personal representations of market participants about the enterprise itself and its products. In other words, they are associations that arise in people when they hear its name. A competently thought-out image allows achieving the following goals:
- designation of the company on the market;
- attracting the attention of potential customers;
- the motivation of users to action;
- increase in sales.
Clients are much more willing to make purchases in well-known organizations with a positive image. Time to make a decision in its favor is significantly reduced.
A brand platform is an internal document of the company in which the foundations for creating an image are laid. It includes the following elements:
- corporate culture of the firm;
- the image of their leadership, products;
- corporate slogan, color;
- the image of the consumer;
- community opinion;
- participation in social actions;
- business reputation.
The above elements should be correctly combined with the mission of the organization, its idea and convey the distinctive features to the target audience.
2. Tools for creating an image
The image of the company is formed with the help of such tools:
- corporate identity;
- work with the media;
- coverage of social actions held;
- work in the Internet field;
- financing events related to the idea of the brand;
- public contacts with famous brands or people.
A particularly important tool is customer support. A positive reputation generates trust in customers who turn from ordinary buyers into company attorneys.
3. Stages of creating a brand image
The complete formation of the image and reputation of the company should consist of the following stages:
- Analysis of the current situation . It is necessary to learn about the existing opinion of people about the brand through surveys, media studies, comments on the sites.
- Determination of consumer expectations . It is necessary to learn the opinion of the audience about what they want to see the organization.
- Creation of the concept . The data of previous studies are used to create the basis for the future image.
- Definition of the strategy . It is required to highlight the specific tools and channels that will be used to create the image. The choice depends on the scope of the company and the characteristics of the target audience.
- Implementation of the strategy .
- Analysis and adjustment . If certain goals were not achieved, the strategy should be changed.
- Controlling and maintaining the image . To spoil the reputation can one rash action, so it’s worth improving customer services and taking care of advertising.
- Management of the image online
It is necessary to monitor large resources in order to monitor public opinion. For this, Google Alerts and Social Mention services are used. It is important to solve the problems of existing customers, because they can become the worst enemies of the company. Difficulties with the purchase, delivery, payment and other issues are decided by the technical support.
Negative feedback is a storehouse of useful information. They let you know how dissatisfied customers behave, and quickly eliminate the root causes. And for the abandonment of real positive feedback, you can earn bonus points or give discounts on the following purchases.
Thus, creating a positive image is a painstaking and lengthy occupation. Only a systematic approach and hard work can raise the brand’s reputation in the eyes of the target audience.